Lenco Heaven
May 26, 2024, 11:13:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motor noise  (Read 158 times)
Ghostrider

Espen

« on: April 17, 2024, 05:53:03 PM »

Hi!
Just finished my ptp project #4. This one, my own has a motor noise/idler noise when motor is engaged. When i turn off the motor the noise dissapear even that the idler still is engaged and platter is turning. I feel a bit lost and hope someone can help me.

Espen
aamodtasan

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 05:57:05 PM »

could be loose coils - as motor is running, touch the coils with non-conducting material, if sound dissapears/weakens, you’ll have to glue the coils

see this thread:
https://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=12615.msg522423#msg522423

hth
henrik

Henrik - L75 ‘Lencochrome’ with Jelco 750s - ‘Teac Tank’ PTP with Jelco/Tonar 350L - Naim 5i/2 - MoFi studio Phono - JBL LX55 - Rek-O-Kut Low Noise Phono Switch
Ghostrider

Espen

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 06:26:46 PM »

Thanks, iˋll check that out.
When i listen more closely it sounds like the idlerwheel is causing the noise when motor is running. When idler is disengaged i hear no noise at all
Ghostrider

Espen

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 06:36:29 PM »

Checked the coils but they are good and tight. I think i have to take out the motor and have it taken apart again. Could maybe be the nose screw too tight? When i run the motor with platter off i can hear the same noise but with platter on the noise gets amplified mechanicly
aamodtasan

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 07:26:48 PM »

good - also - check for points of contact between motor and plinth and possible tethering of motor cables, easier than to do a new clean and grease of the motor. If the motor is silent out of the plinth, my guess is other issues are causing the noise - but I could be wrong..

hth
henrik

Henrik - L75 ‘Lencochrome’ with Jelco 750s - ‘Teac Tank’ PTP with Jelco/Tonar 350L - Naim 5i/2 - MoFi studio Phono - JBL LX55 - Rek-O-Kut Low Noise Phono Switch
Ghostrider

Espen

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 07:59:34 PM »

good - also - check for points of contact between motor and plinth and possible tethering of motor cables, easier than to do a new clean and grease of the motor. If the motor is silent out of the plinth, my guess is other issues are causing the noise - but I could be wrong..

hth
henrik

Will check for contact points, thanks. Busy times so guess it will be a weekend job
Cheers
Espen
Ghostrider

Espen

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2024, 01:04:45 PM »

I maybe found the sinner. The brown plastic plate behind the motor terminals was touching the beefy platter bearing. I cut a piece away so now i hope the noise is gone when i mount it again.
Ghostrider

Espen

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2024, 05:16:32 PM »

Yes, that was it. The plastic behind the motor terminals was touching the platter bearing. Now it is very silent. Case closed  smiley
Just simply cutted off the part that was rubbing against the bearing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: